Sweet Potato Kheer is a yummy Goan Festival Recipe, here sweet potatoes are truly blended with wonderful flavors of coconut, sabudhana, jaggery and cardamom.
Yield: 8 servings
- 4 big sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup soaked sago (sabudhana)
- 2 cups scraped coconut
- 2 cups jaggery (gud)
- 4 cups thick coconut milk
- 2 tsp cardamom powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 cups water
How to make Sweet Potato Kheer :
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into thin slices.
- Heat a pan and stir fry sweet potatoes with sago.
- Add water and cook till potatoes turns soft.
- Now add jaggery and scraped coconut and mix continue.
- Add thick coconut milk and stir constantly.
- Continue to stir fry for another 5-6 minutes.
- Finally add salt and cardamom powder.
- Stir for 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately to enjoy a real taste of sweet potato kheer.
- Sugar can be added, if jaggery is not available.