Parippu Payasam is a unique blend of coconut, jaggery, cashew nuts and green gram. It is one of the most famous festival dessert, specially made in various Indian special days.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 2 cups Parippu (Green gram dal)
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup jaggery (gud)
- 4 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp cashew nuts blanched
- 2 tbsp almonds blanched
- 1 cup raisins
How to make Parippu Payasam:
- Clean the dal and saute in a non-stick saucepan for few minutes till light brown.
- Boil the fried dal in good amount of water until dal gets cooked.
- Melt the jaggery in water and make a thick solution form.
- Now add coconut milk in boiled dal and keep on low flame.
- Stir continue till dal thickens.
- After few stirring, mix the remaining ingredients.
- Also melt the ghee in a saucepan and pour over the ingredients.
- Season with blanched cashew buts, almonds and raisins.
- Stir well and remove from fire immediately, else becomes thick.
- Serve on the spot.