Sabudana Kheer is the sweet blend of soaked sago i.e sabudana with the condensed milk and dry fruits. It is one of the most healthy kheer recipe which is commonly served during the fasting. The delicious taste and healthy ingredients of this kheer are enough to provide sufficient energy throughout the day in fasting.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup sabudaha/chironji dana/sago (soaked in water)
- 4 cups condensed milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- Few cashew nuts chopped
- Few almonds blanched
- Few raisins
- Few saffron strands
- 2 tbsp ghee
How to make Sabudana Kheer:
- Melt the ghee in a non-stick pan and add crushed cardamoms.
- Saute for few seconds and pour the milk, leave to boil for about 10-12 minutes.
- Keep stirring until milk thickens and add sugar.
- Cook until sugar completely dissolves in the milk.
- Add soaked sabudana along with saffron and stir for a few minutes.
- Garnish with nuts and raisins.
- Serve hot.
- The consistency of this kheer can be altered by adding milk.
- Always prefer sabudana of bigger size as compare to smaller size sabudana, it’s because the kheer looks good and tastes great.
- You can garnish the kheer with nuts and dry fruits of your choice.
- It would be advisable to soak the sabudana over night in little bit of more amount of water than the quantity of sabudana, the reason is sabudana becomes fluffy and non-sticky.