Rice Pudding is made with the combination of cooked rice, milk, sugar, cream and dry fruits. This is one of the most common dessert recipe, which is a delightful treat for almost every Indian family. The flavorsome ingredients produces a wonderful taste to the left over cooked rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups rice (long grained)
- 500 ml milk
- 2 cups small sugar
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup thick fresh cream
- 2 green cardamoms crushed
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped (almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios)
- Few raisins
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ghee
How to make Rice Pudding:
- Wash and clean the rice in normal running water.
- Heat a big pot on the gas and melt the ghee.
- Saute the crushed cardamoms just for few seconds.
- Add milk, sugar, rice, vanilla extract, salt and fresh cream.
- Mix well and cook on high flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Now simmer the gas and cover the pot with the tight lid.
- Leave to cook until rice becomes tender and milk gets absorbed fully.
- It will take about 6-7 minutes.
- Garnish with mixed nuts and raisins in individual bowls at the time of serving.
- Rice pudding are extremely delicious when are to be served immediately.
- You can give a little flavor of bay leaf also.
- I have cooked rice along with the mixture of milk, whereas sometimes I make this yummy pudding from the leftover cooked rice also, trust me the taste is always great.