Chocolate Swiss Roll is a lip-smacking chocolate dessert, stuffed with a thick layer of sweetened chocolate and coated with icing sugar. These yummy chocolate rolls are always favorite in parties and celebrations.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
Servings: 10 yields
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (maida) (well sieved)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups castor sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/4 cup sweetened chocolate (grated)
- 4 tbsp warm water
- icing sugar to sprinkle
How to make Chocolate Swiss Roll:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and separate the egg whites from the egg yolks.
- Add sugar in egg whites and mix until the mixture becomes light and creamy.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F and grease a swiss roll tin, lined with greaseproof paper.
- Also grease the paper very well.
- Add warm water in egg mixture and after few mixing, immediately add chocolate.
- Whisk the mixture thoroughly and now alternatively keep adding the sieved flour and baking powder by folding them tightly.
- Place the mixture in a prepared greased baking tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn out on to a piece of greaseproof paper well sprinkled with icing sugar, trim the edges and roll it up.
- Finally put them on a wire rack to cool for few minutes.