Fudge Cake is a yummy and creamy blend of honey, milk, butter and almond extract.
Preparation time: 10-12 minutes
Baking time: 20 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1-1/2 tbsp honey
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1-2/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup almond extract
For making the creamy filling you will require:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup icing sugar
For the final Fudge Decoration you will require:
- 1-1/2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup flaked almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate curls
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp condensed milk
How to make fudge cake:
- Combine the butter and sugar, beat till becomes light and fluffy.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees and grease the lined cake pans with some butter or margarine.
- Now mix the honey and beaten eggs into the mixture of butter and beat until done well.
- Sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a big bowl.
- Gradually stir into butter mixture and then mix with milk and almond extract.
- Divide the prepared mixture in 3 I inch greased and lined cake pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the cake pans and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- For making the cream filling, combine the butter and icing sugar and stir in lemon juice.
- Sandwich the cake layers together with cream mixture.
- For making the fudge icing, mix the butter, honey and milk in a saucepan.
- Gently heat until butter melts and then heat till it starts boiling.
- Remove from the heat and sift in an icing sugar.
- Continue beating until icing thickens.
- Spread icing over top of cake and allow to drizzle down the sides.
- Cool and decorate with lots of almonds and chocolate curls.