Here is a quick cake recipe, made with flour, butter, vanilla and cocoa powder named as a ‘Marble Cake’. You can make this quickest, easiest and tastiest cake delight on daily basis to impress your kids.
Preparation time: 6-8 minutes
Baking time: 25-27 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup butter / margarine
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 70 gm cocoa powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
How to make marble cake:
- Sift the flour, salt and baking powder in a big bowl.
- Cream together the butter, vanilla and sugar.
- Beat the eggs and add into it.
- Beat the mixture till turns smooth and sugar gets blended well.
- Now add the sifted flour and milk alternately in the mixture.
- Mix well till the batter is smooth.
- Divide the prepared batter into 2 parts.
- In one portion add cocoa powder very well.
- Grease and line one 8-9 inch baking tin.
- Pour 1 layer in the tin and then the second and continue this process alternatively.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 15-17 minutes and then reduce the temperature and bake for another 10 minutes or until the cake gets golden on top.
- Cool the cake at a top wire rack of the oven for few minutes and then invert on a dish.