Coconut Cupcakes are the yummy and cute cupcakes, made with lots of fresh coconut, dry fruits and vanilla essence. These cupcakes are the perfect delight for the kids.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 20-30 minutes
- 4 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 6 cups grated coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/2 cups butter milk
- 2 cups unsalted butter / margarine
- 2 tsp almond essence
- 3 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp salt
For Icing of cupcakes you will require:
- 3-1/2 cups sour Cream Cheese (Hung Curd)
- 2 tsp Almond Essence
- 3 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 cup unsalted Butter
- 200 gm Icing Sugar, sifted
How to make Coconut Cupcakes:
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Transfer the mixture into a big bowl.
- Beat the eggs and add into the flour.
- Beat the cream, sugar and butter by mixing the essences.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F degrees and grease the cupcake tins with some butter.
- Now add the flour alternatively with the buttermilk.
- Mix half of the grated coconut.
- Fill the greased cupcakes with the mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes until they turns golden in color.
- For icing beat the cream cheese, butter, sugar and the essence till smooth and creamy.
- Place a layer of the prepared icing on the baked cupcakes.
- Finally sprinkle some grated coconut on these yummy cupcakes.