Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a mouth-watering pineapple cake, simply amazed with lots of strawberries, cinnamon and fresh cream.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 40 minutes
- 500 gm pineapple
- 20 fresh strawberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 cup and 4 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup refined oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 2 tbsp Strawberry Jam
How to make Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
- Beat the eggs in a bowl until fluffy and keep aside.
- Chop the strawberries into small pieces.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups of water and mix the chopped strawberries.
- Add 4 tbsp of sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir in till the sugar dissolves and strawberries turns soft.
- Cook on medium high flame and add strawberry jam.
- Stir for 2 more minutes and remove from the flame.
- Add butter and whipping cream and mix well.
- Now mix the sugar into beaten eggs and blend with an electric hand blender until smooth and sugar melts completely in the eggs.
- Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the egg mixture and oil, mix till no lumps form.
- For making upside down cake, grease a circular cake tin with some butter.
- Now carefully, lay out the pineapple pieces on the bottom of the tin.
- Pour the prepared batter gently over the pieces of pineapple and bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick to check the softness of the cake.
- If the toothpick comes clean, that means the cake is ready.
- Allow the cake to cool in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the cake gets cool , transfer the cake on a serving dish with the pineapple sides on the top.
- Finally garnish with some strawberry sauce and chopped strawberries.