Apple Jelly is a rich and colorful jelly recipe made with the hint of spices and lemon. This would be the great accompaniment for making the fresh bread breakfast.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Servings: 8 persons
- 4 apples (peeled and chopped in quarters)
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp maida
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of yellow color
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
How to make Apple Jelly:
- Heat the saucepan and add water along with the sugar.
- Heat on medium high flame and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Add the quarters of apple and cook until apple becomes soft.
- Switch off the gas and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Shift into the colander to drain them.
- Reserve this syrup or liquor in a bowl, as it will be used now.
- Heat the pan, add cornflour along with maida.
- Stir continue until light brown, add the reserved syrup.
- Add color, lemon juice, cinnamon powder and cardamom powder.
- Keep on boil until becomes transparent and thick in consistency.
- Transfer the jelly into the sterilized jars and seal tightly.
- You can refrigerate this jelly for a week.
- After filling the jars with jelly, keep them in hot water for some time until sealed well.
- You can add spice powder for making sweet and spicy jelly.