Mango jam is the delicious sweet and tangy jam recipe made with the fresh semi-ripe mangoes along with sugar and saffron content. It is the delicious home made dish varied with whatever sugar is available that is brown or white. Kids like this jam a lot. You can make various rolls and toasts from this yummy mango jam.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
Servings: 1 medium size bottle
- 2 kg mangoes
- 2 cups brown or white sugar
- 2 cups water
- A pinch of saffron
How to make Mango Jam:
- Combine the sugar and water in a large pan.
- Simmer the flame and stir the mixture to bring on few boils.
- Peel the mangoes and chop into small pieces.
- Boil them in 4 cups of water, drain and mash them with the potato masher.
- Remove the inner seed and place this mashed pulp in bowl.
- Add this mango pulp into the boiling water.
- Stir with the saffron.
- Leave to boil until the mixture becomes thick.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes and then fill in the bottle.
- You can refrigerate this jam for about 2 months, for that you just need to store them in sealed jars and once broken the seal, then put a tight lid.
- You can microwave these mangoes instead of boiling until tender.
- This jam is best when is to be stuffed for making jam paratha.