Chocolate Swiss Roll is an amazing sweet delicacy, here chocolate is rolled in a thick layer of cake and topped with icing sugar.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6-8 yields
- 2 ounces sweetened chocolate
- 4 ounce flour
- 2-1/2 cups warm water
- 3 ounce castor sugar (thinly granulated)
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- A pinch of salt
How to make Chocolate Swiss Roll:
- Grate the sweetened chocolate and keep aside.
- Separate the whites from the yolks of eggs.
- Beat the yolks in a bowl and add sugar.
- Mix very well to make a smooth and creamy mixture.
- Grease a swiss roll tin, place a greaseproof paper and grease the paper with the butter.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add warm water and grated chocolates.
- Mix very well and add the mixture of eggs.
- Put the prepared mixture in the tin, fold to inside and place in the oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Take out from the oven, sprinkle the castor sugar, trim the edges and fold it up.
- Put the rolls in a wire rack for sometime to cool.
- These yummy Chocolate swiss rolls can be stored for few days in air tight container.
- You may spread some cheese or margarine while serving to your kids.