These cute, homemade rich Chocolate candies will definitely satisfy your chocolate craving. Smooth and dark chocolaty glaze and a delicious frosting rosette gives a unique taste and style to these colorful candies.
Yield: 16 servings
- 1 cup milk or bourbon
- 1 cup softened butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (chopped)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 big eggs
- 1-1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp instant coffee granules
For making Milk Chocolate Frosting and Semisweet Chocolate Glaze you will require:
- 18/ 3/4ounce package milk chocolate pieces
- 1-1/2 cup whipping cream
- 20 ounce package semisweet chocolate pieces or 1-1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate pieces
How to make Homemade Chocolate Candy :
- Heat a saucepan and melt the butter in it.
- Mix the unsweetened chocolate in melted butter and stir over slow heat until smooth.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with foil.
- Make sure that the edges of the pan are covered with foil.
- Spread some butter over foil and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl and stir together bourbon and coffee granules. Set aside.
- Mix the sugar in the prepared chocolate mixture very well.
- Beat the eggs one by one in a bowl and then stir in sugar-chocolate mixture.
- Mix until well combined and then stir in vanilla and bourbon mixture.
- Take another small bowl and stir together flour and baking soda.
- Mix the flour mixture to chocolate mixture and stir just until combined.
- Spread the prepared chocolate batter evenly in the prepared baking pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17 minutes.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Using the edges of the foil, lift the uncut choco candies out of the pan.
- Cut each candy into a small round shape or cut into square. The choice is yours.
- Now lets proceed for milk chocolate frosting and semisweet Chocolate Glaze.
- Heat a saucepan and bring whipping cream on few boils over moderate heat.
- Remove from the flame and transfer 1/2 cup of the hot cream into a small bowl.
- Add milk chocolate pieces and without stirring, just let stand for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir until smooth and cover loosely.
- Keep in the refrigerator to chill at least for 2 hours.
- For Semisweet Chocolate Glaze, mix the remaining hot cream in semisweet chocolate pieces and keep stirring on low flame until smooth.
- When ready to glaze petits fours, reheat Semisweet Chocolate Glaze over medium-low heat to reach pouring consistency, stirring constantly.
- Coat each candy with the prepared glaze.
- For that beat the reserved cooled milk chocolate mixture with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Spoon frosting into a decorating bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe large rosettes in the center of each petit four.
- Allow them to cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes and then store them in an air tight container.
- You can store these yummy, homemade chocolate candies in refrigerator for 4-5 days or you can freeze them for upto 2 months.
- cal. (kcal) 157,
- Fat, total (g) 10,
- chol. (mg) 43,
- Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 0,
- sat. fat (g) 6,
- carb. (g) 18,
- Monosaturated fat (g) 3,
- Polyunsaturated fat (g) 0,
- vit. A (RE) 0,
- sugar (g) 12,
- pro. (g) 2,
- Thiamin (mg) 0,
- vit. A (IU) 243,
- fiber (g) 1,
- vit. C (mg) 0,
- Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0,
- Riboflavin (mg) 0,
- Niacin (mg) 0,
- Fat () 2,
- Folate (µg) 4,
- calcium (mg) 10,
- sodium (mg) 90,
- Potassium (mg) 60,
- iron (mg) 1,
- Other Carb () 1,
- Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet