Carrot Cake is simply an elegant cake recipe, made with carrots, coconut and maida. All the flavors of the cake are sufficient to melt anybody’s mouth. Learn how to make delicious and easy homemade carrot cake recipe.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Servings: 12-15 pieces
- 1 kg carrots (peeled and grated)
- 1 cup coconut (grated)
- 2-1/2 cups all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup curd
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 pack cream cheese
- 1 cup pure ghee
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup mixed nuts chopped (that may includes, cashew nuts, almonds, walnuts, etc)
How to make Carrot Cake:
- Take a big bowl and combine all the ingredients one by one.
- Mix very well and stir the carrots and coconut into all the ingredients.
- You may use the blender to make a creamy and fluffy batter.
- Also add the chopped nuts.
- Add more milk, if required to make a smooth and firm batter.
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees on high.
- Grease the baking tray with little bit of butter or oil.
- Pour the prepared batter over the greased baking pan.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and leave to bake for about 35-40 minutes.
- Check in between by inserting a toothpick, if it comes out clean that means cake is ready.
- Remove from the oven and keep aside to cool.
- Carrot cake is ready to serve.
- Another way to make this delicious carrot cake is, you may mix the cream cheese, vanilla, butter and confectioners sugar in the end, blend until creamy and then frost the cake with the mixture.
- You may adjust the sweetness as per your requirement.
- Every oven has its own baking temperature, hence the cake may takes less or more time to bake.