Garlic Naan is an extremely delicious naan recipe made with maida, cilantro and lots of garlic. This naan is easy in cooking and best in serving. You can serve this garlic naan with any vegetarian or non-veg gravy recipe. Also can be served with or without applying butter on it.
Preparation time: 12 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp curd
- 12-15 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- A tsp of ajwain seeds
- 1 cup oil
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 cup warm water
- Butter for basting (optional)
How to make Garlic Naan:
- Combine curd, salt, sugar and baking soda. Mix very well and keep aside.
- Now take a big bowl and pour the maida in it.
- Now add the curd mixture, ginger, garlic, green chillies, ajwain, cilantro and 1 tbsp of oil.
- Mix very well and knead the smooth dough with the help of warm water.
- Cover the dough and keep aside at least for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven or tandoor on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Take a small portion of the dough and roll out into 2-3 ” diameter.
- While rolling the roti use dry flour and apply oil on the rolled out roti.
- Fold the roti to make a half circle and again apply oil on the half circle.
- Fold one more time and then finally roll out to give a naan shape.
- You may give triangle, round or square shape to your naan.
- Grease the baking tray and place the rolled out roti in the oven.
- Apply oil and leave for 2 minutes until cooked.
- Check and flip the roti to cook from other side as well.
- When the roti seems well cooked from both the sides then take out from the oven.
- Apply butter at the time of serving.
- Serve hot with any gravy recipe.
- Kids enjoy Garlic naan with tomato sauce and coriander chutney.
- For making it more flavorful, you can sprinkle little bit of chaat masala over the butter and then serve it.
- It is advisable to use chopper for thin chopping of garlic.
- Garlic Naan is great to serve with any seekh kabab recipe.