A filling of Indian Cottage Cheese (paneer) with all the spices in the whole wheat flat bread turns into a delicious and spicy Paneer Paratha. It is genuinely a mouth watering recipe. Paneer Parathas are perfect morning breakfast to keep you active for the whole day.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 6-8 paratha’s
- 250 gms paneer finely grated
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 4 green chillies finely chopped
- 4-5 curry leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp jeera powder
- 1 small bowl of fresh butter
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup cooking oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped
How to make Paneer Paratha:
- In a mixing bowl mash the boiled potatoes.
- Add grated paneer, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala powder.
- In a saucepan heat 1 tsp of oil, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and allow to crackle.
- Add ginger garlic paste, chopped green chillies, saute well and mix with the potatoes and paneer.
- Add jeera powder, chopped cilantro and combine all the ingredients to make a fine stuffing.
- Check the seasoning and salt. You can add more green chillies to make it spicy.
- In a big bowl combine the wheat flour, salt and 2 tsp oil.
- Sprinkle water at a time till the dough binds together.
- Knead the dough until it forms a soft, elastic ball.
- Adjust the flour if dough looks too sticky.
- Knead the dough till it becomes soft, like you would do normally to make any paratha.
- Cover the dough with a damp kitchen napkin and leave it to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal parts.
- Take one piece of the dough, dip in the wheat flour and roll on a clean surface.
- Roll out the dough into a round shape with the help of rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the flour as and when needed.
- When the paratha is thin and even, you may stop rolling.
- Place the paneer stuffing in the center of the paratha.
- Seal the edges completely so that stuffing does not come out.
- Sprinkle some flour and roll it very slowly with rolling pin.
- Cook it on pre-heated tawa.
- Turn it and put some oil, and shallow fry.
- Turn it and pour little bit of oil on other side as well.
- Place the paratha in a plate and spread some butter.
- Sprinkle some chaat masala over all on the top of the butter.
- Tasty paneer paratha is ready to serve with yogurt or pickle.
- Roll out the paratha with a gentle touch to get a proper round shape.
- You may use your hands instead of rolling pin to give a round shape to your parathas.
- Add enough water to make a soft dough because the hard dough will make your paratha stiff and raw.
- Cover and rest the paratha dough for at least 15 minutes before rolling, it will help you to make soft parathas.