White Bread is simply a combination of all-purpose flour, sugar and active dry yeast. This homemade white bread contains a good amount of iron and vitamins, you can serve this delicious and soft white bread with dal, rice and other vegetables, you can also make healthy toasts and sandwiches with this bread.
Preparation time: 15-18 minutes
Cooking time: 35-40 minutes
Servings: 2 – 9×5 inch loaves
- 4 cups bread flour/ all-purpose flour
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
How to make White Bread:
- Dissolve the yeast in 5 tbsp of water and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Take a big bowl and mix the sugar, water and yeast mixture.
- stir until yeast creates a creamy foam.
- Add flour, salt and oil.
- Knead the dough on a clean surface of the kitchen.
- Knead until the dough becomes soft and smooth.
- Transfer the dough into oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth and keep aside at least for an hour.
- Allow the dough to rise double of the amount.
- After an hour, uncover the dough and punch down little bit.
- Knead for few more minutes and divide to shape into loaves.
- Place onto the greased 9×5 inch loaf pans and leave for 20-25 minutes until the dough rises about 1 inch above the pans.
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and bake the loaves for about 20 minutes.
- Fresh and healthy white bread is ready to serve.
- Keep the bread in clean plastic bag and then store in air tight container.
- This bread is extremely healthy and made in hygienic way.
- This homemade bread has a good container life of about 8-10 days.