Whole Wheat Bread can be easily made at home, you just need to arrange few easily available ingredients. The unique mixture of fine-grained wheat flour, honey and yeast can become a moist and classic, homemade whole wheat bread. This 100% homemade whole wheat bread is easy in making and healthy in eating. Learn how to make a delightful whole wheat bread (loaf) in your own kitchen.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Servings: 1 loaf
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 3 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- little amount of oil to grease
How to make Whole Wheat Bread:
- Dissolve the yeast in 5 tablespoons of water and keep aside.
- Take a big bowl and combine all the ingredients in it.
- Stir until the dough starts leaving the sides of the bowl.
- Place the dough into clean and greased surface.
- Take little bit of oil in your hands and knead it for about 5-6 minutes until becomes smooth and supple.
- Transfer the dough to a slightly greased bowl, cover and keep aside for about 1-1/2 to 2 hours until the dough rises to its double amount.
- Now again place the dough to a lightly greased surface, shape it into an 8″ log.
- Place the log in a lightly greased 8 1/2″ x 4 1/2″ loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with lightly greased plastic wrap and allow the bread to rise for about 2 hours or until the center seems crowned about 3/4″ above the rim of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F on high.
- Grease the baking tray with little bit of oil or butter.
- Bake the bread for about 40 to 45 minutes by tenting it with the aluminum foil after about 15 minutes to prevent over-browning.
- The finished loaf must register 170°F on an instant-read thermometer, that inserted into the center.
- Take out the bread from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Make the slices as per your requirement and store in a clean plastic bag.
- Store the bread at room temperature.
- You may use the electric mixer or food processor to knead the dough.
- It is very important that dough must be soft and firm enough to make the proper bread, hence you may adjust its consistency with additional water or flour.
- This homemade whole wheat bread is extremely tasty and healthy in eating.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 148 | Total Fat: 2.2g Saturated Fat: Trans Fat: | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 187mg | Total Carbohydrate: 21g Dietary | Fiber: 2.5g | Sugars: 5g |Protein: 5g.