Masala Mathri is one of the famous Indian snack dish, here two types of flours are blended in dry fenugreek leaves and cooked with fresh Indian spices.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat flour
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tsp dry crushed fenugreek leaves
- 2 tbsp ghee/oil for mixing
- 2 cups warm water to knead the dough
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable oil to deep fry
How to make masala mathri :
- Sieve both the flours and add salt as per taste.
- In a big mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients very well.
- Melt the ghee in a saucepan and pour over the mixture.
- Knead the dough with warm water until becomes soft and stiff.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for 15-20 minutes, till it sets.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan and in the meantime, knead the dough slightly with your hands.
- Take some oil in your palms, make small balls from the dough and roll out each ball into a thick puri/poori.
- Make all the puri’s in the same way and pierce them with fork or any spotted spoon.
- Dip few puri’s at a time in hot oil and fry from both sides till turns to golden brown.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve hot with your morning or evening tea / coffee.