Batata Poha is the great combination of rice flakes, boiled potatoes, capsicum and carrot. It is a typical Maharashtrian style breakfast recipe, which is easy to cook and great to serve.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups beaten rice flakes (poha)
- 2 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves chopped
- 4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 2 tbsp oil
- Fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Batata Poha:
- Wash the poha in normal running water, drain the whole water and place them in a sieve.
- Toss the poha by adding salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and lemon juice.
- Chop the potatoes in small cubes and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Allow the seeds to crackle and then add thinly sliced onion along with green chillies.
- Stir for few seconds until onion translucent and then add chopped potatoes.
- Adjust with salt, cover the pan and leave to cook on simmer, till potatoes tenders.
- Add poha and chopped cilantro.
- Mix very gently and stir just for few seconds to coat the poha into veggies.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve piping hot.
- You may add a pinch of sugar to make the batata poha more flavored.
- If poha looks too dry then sprinkle few drops of water over all and then serve immediately.
- These poha are extremely tasty when served on the spot.