Sabudana Khichdi is a healthy version of soaked sago i.e sabudana and potatoes along with the spices and roasted peanuts. This is one of the most famous dish of Maharashtrian Cuisine and very popular Indian breakfast.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup sago (sabudana)
- 1 medium size potato thinly chopped
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 2 tbsp roasted peanuts crushed
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp oil
How to make Sabudana Khichdi:
- Soak the sabudana over night in 1-1/2 cups of water.
- Separate them with the help of fork.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds and add crushed peanuts.
- Mix well to get the aroma of roasted peanuts.
- Now add chopped potatoes and saute until potatoes become soft and little crispy.
- Mix the soaked sabudhana into the mixture and stir with red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Cook on medium high flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- You can add cumin seeds to make this dish more flavorful.
- At the time of serving, grate some coconut over the sabudana, the dish will become delicious.
- You may use ghee or butter instead of oil.
- If you have not soaked sabudana over night then you may soak them for few hours in warm water and then proceed.
- It is very important to take care that soaked sabudana must be separate and moist.
- Turmeric powder is an optional ingredient.