Sabudana and potato tikki is a delicious Indian snack dish. This cutlet is a very popular sago tikki in every party of India. Soaked sago and boiled potatoes are mixed with an array of spices, simply turns into a a superb snack dish and great to serve with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
Prep time: 5
Total time: 15
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 cups sago (sabudana)
- 4 big potatoes (peeled and boiled)
- 8 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger (finely minced)
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Sabudana and Potato Tikki :
- Wash sabudana and soak in water at least for 30 minutes.
- If you are making these cutlets in morning, then soak them overnight.
- Take a big bowl and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Mix soaked sago, green chillies, ginger, salt and chopped coriander.
- Mix all the ingredients very well.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan.
- You can either deep fry these cutlets till golden brown.
- Or you can shallow fry them on a hot griddle with less amount of oil.
- Or you can bake them in preheated oven for 12 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve immediately with tomato sauce and green chutney.