Murgh Koftey Ki Biryani is the unique, fragrant and spicy biryani made in the combination chicken and mutton. Small balls/koftey made with chicken and mutton and then mixed with the basmati rice. The wholesome flavors of ghee, cream, milk and saffron makes a best dinner to serve with raita and pickle.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Makes 4 servings
- 500 gm chicken leg piece (boneless)
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 100 gm mutton kidney fat
- 4 tbsp Bengal gram flour
- 4 onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tbsp sour curd
- 8 green chillies finely chopped
- 3 eggs beaten
- 2 cups chicken/mutton stock
- 2 tbsp brown onions
- 1/2 tbsp carom seeds (shah jeera)
- 1 tbsp mint leaves chopped
- 1/2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds (saunf)
- Few saffron strands
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 2 tbsp pure ghee
- Fresh coriander chopped
- Salt as per taste
Whole garam masala:
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp mace powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3-4 black peppercorns
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 black cardamom
- 2-3 whole mace
How to make Murgh Koftey Ki Biryani:
- Wash the rice in normal running water and boil them by adding little bit of salt.
- Drain the rice and keep aside in the sieve.
- Heat up a big non-stick pan and add boneless chicken leg along with the mutton.
- Also add salt, chopped onion, green chillies, beaten eggs, ginger-garlic paste, mace, nutmeg powder, white sesame seeds and carom seeds.
- Mix all the ingredients very well and cook the chicken until tenders.
- Cool down completely and then mince it very well in the mincer.
- In a big vessel add the chicken stock and whole garam masala.
- Leave the mixture for few minutes until it starts boiling.
- Mix the flour, curd, fennel seeds, salt and saffron in the minced chicken.
- Mix very well and make small balls.
- Keep the prepared minced chicken balls into the stock and cook for some time.
- Add boiled basmati rice, ghee, milk, brown onions and remaining ingredients.
- Cover the pan, simmer the flame and leave to cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- You can use boneless chicken breast for making this delicious biryani recipe.
- Another way to make this dish is that you can soak the rice in water and cook them along with the chicken koftey.
- You may garnish the rice with chopped dry fruits of your choice.