Brown onions are soft, rich and flavored brown colored onions, that are fried in sufficient hot oil and can be used for making several delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian recipes. It is extremely easy to make them at home.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2 cups
- 4 big onions (cut into thin slices)
- Oil to deep fry
How to make Brown Onions:
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Shuffle up the onions very well.
- When the oil seems hot enough, then put some onions in it.
- Stir constantly to make them brown evenly and altogether.
- Lower the flame for 5-6 minutes and fry by stirring occasionally.
- Do not leave the onions to burn, so keep watching.
- Remove on oil absorbent paper.
- Fry remaining onions in the same way and drain on paper napkin.
- Spread the onions very well and drain the whole oil by using 2-3 tissue papers.
- Brown onions are ready to use for the recipes.
- Allow the brown onions to cool completely and then store in air tight container.
- You can refrigerate brown onions for 4-5 days and use as per your requirement.
- Brown onions gives tremendous sweet flavor to pulao and biryanis.
- You can also use them for making red-orange gravy for making any curry recipe, such as butter paneer, chicken
- tikka masala, etc.