Homemade Ghee can be easily made at home by using salted or unsalted butter. Homemade Ghee is very healthy and full of natural fragrant, hence imparts the rich flavors and aroma in the food. Ghee is widely used almost in every cuisine of India, hence it is very important to make it pure and healthy at home.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 500 gm unsalted Butter
How to make Homemade Ghee:
- Heat a sauce pan over moderate heat and place the butter in it.
- Stir continue to avoid the burning.
- Cook for about 15-18 minutes until it starts boiling.
- Simmer the flame and leave the butter for 5-6 more minutes.
- Gently stir with the spatula and skim the scum from the top.
- Remove from the heat and allow the ghee to cool completely for about an hour at room temperature.
- Sieve the ghee either with the help of clean muslin cloth or with the tea sieve.
- Store ghee is a clean and dry bottle.
- Put the lid on the bottle only when the ghee is fully cooled.
- Although salted or unsalted butter can be used for making pure ghee, but i prefer unsalted butter.
- This homemade ghee can be stored for 2 months at room temperature.
- You can store this ghee in the refrigerator as well.
- This ghee can be used for making several flavorful vegetables, biryani’s, soups, popcorn, desserts, etc.