Making curd is really a simple and quick task, there is nothing so difficult in making curd at home. You can easily make any flavored curd at home and homemade curd is always delicious, healthy and makes a good quantity than the store one. There is not any rocket science in making curd, you just need to make it with proper procedure.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
- 1 litre/4 big cups milk
- 1/4 tsp yogurt/curd (Culture)
How to make Home made curd:
- Boil the milk very well on medium high flame.
- Allow the milk to cool, but make sure milk should neither be too hot nor too cold, it should be warm.
- Smear the curd in the milk by slowly mixing.
- Do not remove out the cream (malai) from the milk, if you want thick and creamy curd.
- Stir very well for 40-50 seconds.
- Cover with the lid and keep at warm place for 6-7 hours.
- In between do not move the vessel of curd anywhere in the kitchen.
- Your delicious homemade curd will get ready in few hours.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve as per your requirement.
- You can store this curd for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
- Always use the fresh culture (little bit of curd) for making good curd.
- This homemade curd has much more good quantity than the store one curd.
- If climate is cool just as in winter season then you may keep the curd in little preheated oven for overnight to get ready.
- It is always advisable to make the curd in air tight container, it’s because the curd gets ready fast, thick and creamy in warm temperature.
- You can also keep the curd vessel in the container of wheat flour, the curd will get ready.
- In summer it takes less time to make curd but in winters it takes more time, hence prefer to make it in the night-time to keep for more hours.
- Homemade curd easily goes with pulao, biryani, paratha, etc. Also you can make variety of raita recipes from the curd.
- You can make delicious and healthy shaash and lassi with easy homemade curd.