Paneer is an Indian Cottage Cheese simply made by boiling the milk and adding a little lemon juice. Homemade paneer is always healthy and great to make several paneer recipes.
Preparation time: 2 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
Servings: About 400 gm Paneer
- 2 liter/4 big cups condensed milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice or
- 1/10 tsp vinegar
How to make Paneer at home:
- Boil the milk in a big vessel.
- While boiling add either lemon juice or vinegar.
- Stir continue and mix very well.
- After few minutes, the milk will start curdling, at this moment turn the gas off.
- Keep the milk aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Take a clean muslin cloth and pour the milk on it.
- Tie a tight knot to the cloth and squeeze out the whole water.
- After the water will fully get drained, the milk will form in a block of paneer.
- Keep the cloth (in which paneer is made) under any heavy weight.
- Your healthy homemade paneer is ready to make several other dishes.
- Citric acid also can be used for making paneer and if you are using citric acid then dissolve it in water well in advance before adding into the boiling milk.
- The water of paneer should not be thrown out, as it can be used for making various gravy recipes, parathas and chapatis.
- It is always preferable to use condensed milk to make delicious homemade paneer.