Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls is versatile snack dish made with paneer, veggies and sauces. This is one of the most famous flavorful rolls filled with lots of richness, vitamins and minerals. It would be great if using home-made paneer to make such rolls.
Preparation Time: 12-15 mins.
Cooking Time: 15-17 mins.
Servings: 10 rolls.
For the filling you need:
- 200 gms paneer (cottage cheese) diced
- 2 tsp thick yogurt
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 4 green chillies paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp tikka masala
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup onion shredded and shuffled
- 2 tbsp green bell pepper shredded
- 2 tbsp yellow bell pepper shredded
- 2 medium size tomatoes thinly sliced (remove pulp and seeds)
- 1/2 cup mint mayonnaise sauce
- 1/2 cup chilli garlic sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp oil
- Chaat masala to sprinkle
- Salt to taste
For making rolls you need:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 cup milk
How to make Paneer Tikka Kathi Rolls:
- Combine all the ingredients of making roll and knead the soft dough with the help of milk.
- Add more milk if required to make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough and keep aside for few minutes.
- Now mix yogurt, ginger-garlic, green chillies lemon juice, tikka masala, salt and red chilli powder.
- Mix well and add diced paneer.
- Toss gently and keep aside for 15-20 minutes until sets.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add marinated panner.
- Toss very gently and stir only for few minutes until saute.
- Divide the dough of roll into 10 equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a thin roti, use oil and dry wheat flour if required.
- Roast each rolled out roti on a hot tawa until little brown spots come out on both sides.
- Divide the paneer mixture in equal potions.
- Now place the rolled roti on flat surface, apply little bit of butter, mint sauce and chilli garlic sauce.
- Spread a portion of the filling on the center of the roti, sprinkle shredded veggies and chaat masala.
- Roll it up from the three sides.
- Cover from the downside first and then from left and right hand side.
- At the time of serving, heat the roll on hot griddle or in the oven just for few seconds.
- Serve hot.
- Fill the stuffing and veggies in the roll according to the size of the roti, else they will come out and you will not be able to fold it.
- You can use tooth sticks to fix the roll for the heating purpose and then remove out them at the time of serving.
- You can use veggies of your choice.
- You may use tortilla to make such type of rolls.