Baked onion with cheese are simply made with the onions and bell peppers. All trio-colored bell peppers are used to give a unique flavor and mouth melting color to the recipe. The preparation has the huge part of cheese involved to make the dish juicy and cheesy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 big onions
- 4 tbsp processed cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 4-5 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 green chillies sliced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Baked Onion with Cheese:
- Chop the onions in medium size quarters and separate the layers.
- Chop the bell peppers into 1/2 inch pieces and keep aside.
- Grate the processed cheese in a bowl and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in pan, add green, garlic and minced ginger.
- Saute for few seconds.
- Add bell peppers and salt.
- Mix well and simmer the flame.
- Preheat the oven to 250F degrees, grease the baking tray with little bit of olive oil.
- Spread the onion over the greased baking tray.
- Sprinkle half of grated cheese.
- Now spread the bell peppers mixture over the onion, sprinkle little bit of oil, sprinkle lemon juice all over and make a layer of remaining grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese melts and onions turn into light golden brown in color.
- Add little bit of sugar if onions are bitter in taste.
- You can use normal vegetable oil instead of olive oil.