Aloo beans is an easy preparation of chopped beans and potatoes, cooked in spices and flavored with the onion and ginger-garlic paste. This is the tasty and healthy dish to serve either as a main course dish or as a side dish with meal. Aloo Beans gets ready under 15 minutes and even doesn’t take much time in preparation, if my beans are already chopped.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Ingredients required for making Aloo Beans Recipe:
- 200 gms french beans chopped
- 2 potatoes chopped
- 1 big onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger paste
- 4-5 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp urad dal (split black lentils)
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Beans Recipe:
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cumin and mustard seeds.
- Saute for a few seconds and then throw green chillies, ginger and garlic.
- Saute for few more seconds.
- Add chopped onion and mix well.
- Now add urad dal and cook for 2-3 minutes, until onion tenders.
- Stir in beans and potatoes. Mix in salt and spices.
- Add about 2 cups of water and cover the pressure cooker with its lid.
- Pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Open the pressure cooker and add coriander powder.
- Keep it again on medium high flame, until vegetable dries.
- Serve hot with Indian chapati or puri.
- You can make this dish in non-stick pan, but this was quick method along with the great taste.
- Add water if the dish becomes too dry.
- You can garnish this dish with grated coconut.