Microwave Matar Paneer is a quick and tasty delight made in the flavorful combination of Indian cottage cheese (paneer) and fresh green peas (matar).
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 200 gm Indian cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 cup green peas (frozen/fresh)
- 1 small onion
- 3-4 green chillies
- 4-5 cloves garlic pieces
- 1 inch ginger piece
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3/4 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cashew nuts chopped
- 1 tsp almonds chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander thinly chopped
- 2-1/2 tsp oil
How to make Microwave Paneer Matar:
- Cut the paneer in cubes and keep aside.
- Combine the onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic, cumin seeds and white sesame seeds.
- Grind for few minutes to make a smooth paste.
- Fry the prepared paste in a non-stick pan only for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and green peas along with 1-1/2 cups of water.
- Transfer the mixture into the microwave proof dish and microwave on high for about 5 minutes.
- Mix salt and spices and again microwave for 1 minute to blend the spices very well in the prepared gravy.
- Add paneer pieces and mix very gently.
- Cover the microwave dish and keep again on high for last 2-1/2 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped nuts, fresh cream and chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with jeera rice, roti or naan.