Vegetable Pakora is the combination of several healthy and tasty vegetables, which are mixed into the batter of besan and after deep-frying turns into crispy and tasty snack recipe.
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
- 2-1/2 cups bengal gram flour (besan)
- 2-3 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1 inch ginger julienne
- A pinch of baking soda
- 1 cup cauliflower thinly chopped
- 1 cup spinach chopped
- 1 capsicum thinly chopped
- 1 medium size potato (boiled)
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp dry mango powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
How to make Vegetable Pakora:
- Combine the besan, salt, green chillies, baking soda, red chilli powder, ginger julienne and dry mango powder.
- Mix well and add 1/2 cup of water and make a nice, fluffy batter.
- Cover the batter and keep aside for 10-15 minutes until sets.
- Finely chop the boiled potato and add in the batter.
- Mix all the chopped vegetables very well into the batter.
- Also add handful of chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix evenly and adjust the batter with salt and little amount of water.
- Heat sufficient oil in a non-stick pan.
- When the oil seems hot enough then take 1 tsp of hot oil with the help of spatula and pour over the prepared batter.
- Mix well and make small balls from the batter, deep fry into hot oil until turns into nice golden brown in color.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately with green chutney and tomato ketchup.
- Vegetable Pakore must be served immediately, else becomes soggy in few minutes.
- You may add some of your favorite vegetables, but chop them very finely before adding into the batter.
- The reason behind adding little bit of hot oil is to make the batter more fluffy, that is required to make crispy and tasty vegetable pakora.