Indian Bhajia (pakode) are world-famous bhajia and this Palak Bhajia are the most famous Indian snack dish, they are made crispy and delicious with fresh spinach leaves, besan and Indian spices. Serve them hot with coriander or mint chutney.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 cup bengal gram flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves (rinsed and chopped)
- 2-3 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger minced /grated
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Water for making the batter
How to make Palak Bhajia:
- In a big bowl, combine all the ingredients very well.
- On the other side, heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Now add water into the bhajiya mixture and mix continuously to make a batter of thick consistency.
- When the oil is hot enough then take 2 tbsp of smoking hot oil from the pan and directly pour over the bhajiya mixture.
- Either with your hands or with the help of spoon, make small balls from the prepared bhajiya batter and drop into hot oil.
- Deep fry the bhajiya evenly in hot oil and turn them occasionally
- Fry on medium high flame until turns to golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture to make more bhajias.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve immediately with a dip of your choice.