Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche is an authentic Punjabi appetizer made with Potatoes and the mixture of Indian Spices. You can use it as a side dish with your meals.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 2 green chillies sliced
- 1 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp oil to shallow fry
How to make Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche:
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thin strips or in fine wedges.
- Soak in the water for about 15 minutes.
- Combine all the spices along with slices of green chillies and ginger-garlic paste.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the potatoes until turns into golden brown in color.
- Drain on the oil absorbent paper and sprinkle the prepared masala over all on the fried potatoes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot either as a side dish with your meal or the complimentary dish with the drinks.
- You can cut the potatoes in the fine matchsticks or can grate them.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- Sprinkle the masala immediately when the potatoes are piping hot.
- Aloo Ke Masaledar Lacche can be kept in air tight container for few days.