Aloo Methi Tikki is extremely delicious combination of potatoes and fenugreek leaves (methi). These tikkis or cutlets are really a quick and tasty snack dish, here you can do the best use of leftover potatoes and methi leaves for making delicious evening snack dish.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 4 potatoes (boiled and peeled)
- 1 bunch methi (fenugreek leaves) chopped
- 1 small onion thinly chopped
- 6-7 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 4 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Aloo Methi Tikki:
- Wash the chopped methi 4-5 times in normal running water, squeeze and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add onion.
- Fry until onion translucent.
- Now add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds with the onion.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and add in the pan.
- Mix well and add chopped methi, saute on low flame.
- Add salt and all the remaining spices.
- Mix well and cook for 4-5 minutes on low flame.
- Remove the mixture from the flame and allow to cool completely.
- Now heat sufficient oil in a pan.
- Mix the bread crumbs in the mixture very well.
- Divide the mixture into equal portions and give a round shape to each portion with the help of oil.
- Flatten the tikki and coat with the bread crumbs.
- Deep fry 2-3 tikki’s at a time in hot oil, until they turn into nice golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Drain on oil absorbent paper and serve hot with coriander or mint chutney.
- Wash the methi leaves very well and squeeze to take out the sourness.
- Taste the methi leaves before adding in the mixture, if they are very soar then boil the methi for few minutes and then add in the mixture.
- You can add amchur powder instead of chaat masala.
- Boiled potatoes should be soft and mashed very well to make the delicious and well shaped tikkis.
- For making easy bread crumbs, you just need to grind or blend the whole breads and make a smooth crumbs.