Bread Bhurji is simply a blend of white bread slices, cooked in onion paste and tossed with the spices. A tasty breakfast dish can be served at any time in just few minutes.
Preparation Time: 2-3 minutes
Cooking Time : 8-10 minutes
- 1 whole packet of white bread slices
- 2 tbsp low fat curd
- 2 green chillies sliced
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- Few curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 onion thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chaat masala powder
- 2 tsp butter
- Fresh coriander leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make Bread Bhurji:
- Place the bread slices on the chopping board, slightly trim the edges and cut them into medium size cubes.
- Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Allow the seeds to splutter and then add ginger, garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds. Add thinly chopped onion and the cubes of bread.
- Stir with the curd and add 1/2 cup of water.
- Add salt and spices and saute over medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- When the bhurji seems light brown in color then garnish with coriander leaves.
- Stir on low heat only for few more seconds and serve hot.
- Oil can be used instead of butter.
- Make sure bread must be very fresh to make this recipe.