Lemon Rice are simple, quick and easy rice recipe filled with tangy flavor of lemon. These rice are most often served in several Indian festivals.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
Servings: 4-6 persons
- 2 cups basmati rice (boiled)
- 2 4 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tablespoon green peas (optional)
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 1 green cardamom
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 3-4 green chillies thinly chopped
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Few mint leaves chopped
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of yellow food color
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
How to make Lemon Rice:
- Heat the oil in a big vessel.
- Add coriander, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- Saute for few seconds and add curry leaves.
- Stir continue and add green cardamom and bay leaf.
- Fry for few seconds and add boiled rice along with the food color.
- Mix the salt and other ingredients with rice.
- Spread the lemon juice all over and garnish with mint leaves.
- Delicious lemon rice are ready to serve.
- You can garnish these lemon rice with chopped dry fruits of your choice.
- I have used whole grained basmati rice, where as lemon rice can be made with any good quality rice.