Mixed Vegetable Raita is a magical combination of various delicious vegetables on the bed of beaten curd and then flavored with the chilli and cumin seeds powder. Any meal without raita is just incomplete and this is one of the best refreshing raita of Indian raita recipes. Learn to make bright and colorful mixed vegetable raita in just few minutes and serve chilled.
Preparation time: 8 minutes
Cooking time: nil
Servings: 4 persons
- 2 cups fresh curd (dahi or yogurt)
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tomato finely chopped (remove pulp)
- 1/2 cucumber peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 carrot shredded
- 2 tbsp cabbage shredded
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Black pepper powder to sprinkle
- Cumin (jeera) powder to sprinkle
- A pinch of red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
How to make Mixed Vegetable Raita:
- Whisk the curd thoroughly in a big bowl until smooth.
- Add all the chopped vegetables.
- Add salt as per the taste.
- Mix well and leave to set for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle some coriander leaves, red chilli powder, black pepper powder and jeera powder.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Serve at the time of meal.
- For the lump free curd, you can blend the curd in the chopper.
- If you feel that vegetables are sour in taste, then you may add little bit of sugar.
- This raita is delicious when is to be serve chilled.
- You can serve this mixed veg raita with steamed rice and toor dal or with methi pulao.