Stuffed Mango Pickle can be easily made at home, you just need to stuff the mango with proper spices and flavorful ajwain and fenugreek seeds.
Yield: 15 servings
- 4 cups Mangoes (Aam) (removed the stone and cut into long 4-6 sliced)
- 4 tbsp mustard powder
- 3 tsp ground Onions seeds (Kalonji)
- 3 tsp fenugreek seeds, roasted and ground
- 1/2 tsp ajwain (carom seeds)
- 2 tbsp full Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 3 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) powder
- 6 tsp aniseed powder
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida
- 8 tsp ground spices
- 8 tsp Salt (Namak) for preparing the masala
- 4 tbsp salt for the mangoes
- 1 cup oil
How to make Stuffed Mango Pickle :
- Run a knife through each slice of mangoes to make some cuts for filling of masala.
- Rub the salt on the slices of mangoes and keep aside for 5-6 hours.
- Mix all the dry spices, asafoetida and 8 tsp of salt.
- Fill the prepared masala into the mangoes.
- 12 teaspoons of salt and keep for 8 hours.
- Heat the oil, fry asafoetida in it till it becomes brown.
- Crush it and in the same oil, mix all the ground spices.
- Fill in the mangoes.
- Pack them in the jar and sprinkle the leftover masala over them.
- Pour the oil and mix very well.
- Keep in the sun for 2 to 3 days and then keep at room temperature.
- Shake the pickle every other day for 15 days.