Galgal Pickle is made up of big lime, that is easily available in the market. The uniqueness of this pickle is that, it remains fresh for the long time. Big lime comes in specific season only, hence you can make it in good quantity to enjoy for many months.
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 kg galgal (big lime)
- 2 tbsp kasoori methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 2 tbsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 3 tbsps Turmeric (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
- 4 tbsp Salt (Namak)
How to make Galgal Pickle:
- Cut the galgals into small pieces.
- Mix the salt and dry ingredients very well.
- Put in an air tight jar and pour the oil over it.
- Make sure, the pickle should be covered very well with oil.
- Keep the bottle air tight in the sun for 6-7 days.
- Shake it daily, till the pickle is ready to eat.