Lotus Stem Pickle is a seasonal pickle recipe, you can buy good quality Lotus Stem only in a particular season, therefore, this pickle can be made in bulk for enjoying throughout the year.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 1 kg lotus stem (bhee or kamal kakri)
- 2 cups Mustard Oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
- 4 tbsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 3 tbsp Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 6 tbsp mustard powder
- 1/2 cup Salt (Namak)
How to make Lotus Stem Pickle:
- Peel the lotus stem and cut into thin round slices.
- Boil the slices of lotus stem until turns soft.
- Drain the boiled lotus stem through the strainer and keep them under sun light, till they are sufficient dry.
- In a bowl, mix the salt and spices very well and rub thoroughly over the pieces of lotus stem.
- Put the prepared pickle in a jar and pour mustard oil.
- Put a tight lid over the jar and keep shaking it once daily for 4-5 days till the pickle is ready to serve.