Lady Finger Pickle is the sweet and spicy homemade pickle recipe. Okra or bhindi is flavored with fine Indian spices and given a smooth touch of mustard, fenugreek and curry leaves.
Yield: 20 servings
- 1/2 kg Lady fingers
- 4 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 2 tsp Turmeric (Haldi) powder
- 3 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 4 tsp fenugreek seeds
- Few curry leaves
- 4 tsp mustard powder
- 1 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
- 2 tbsp Salt (Namak) for lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon asafoetida
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- 4 tsp Salt (Namak) for masala
How to make Lady finger pickle:
- Wash bhindi very well in tap water, pat dry with clean kitchen napkin and cut the head and tail of each bhindi.
- Slit all the bhindi’s from any one side and keep aside.
- Take a small bowl and mix the salt and other ground spices.
- Add little bit of lemon juice and mix well.
- Stuff a good amount of prepared masala paste in each bhindi and set aside for a while.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a saucepan and fry curry leaves for few seconds.
- Now slowly mix all the stuffed bhindi with curry leaves.
- Add rest of salt and lemon juice and cook for few minutes until it gets a little boil.
- Allow the pickle to cool very well and then store in an air tight jar / bottle.
- Leave the pickle as it is for next 4 days and after that you can serve it with your meal.