Dry Dates Pickle is the unique mix of dry dates (khajoor), lemon juice and spices.
Yield: 12 servings
- 4 cups dry Dates (Khajoor)
- 1 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
- 3 tbsp Coriander (Dhania) powder
- 2 tbsp aniseed powder
- 1-1/2 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 tsp white cumin powder
- Salt (Namak) to taste
How to make Dry Dates Pickle:
- Boil the dates in 5 cups of water until tenders.
- Remove the stones and keep them whole aside.
- Pat dry the boiled dates with a clean kitchen napkin and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and fill in the dates.
- Put the dates in a clean sterilized jar.
- Mix a little salt with lemon juice and pour over the dates.
- Make sure the dates must be covered fully in lemon juice.
- Keep the jar under the sun for 6-7 days.
- Shake daily and serve after a week.