Stuffed Lemon Pickle is a sweet and sour lemon pickle, that is delicious to serve with any meal. I have chosen big lime or lemon and stuff them with fresh and flavorful spices.
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 kg or 10 big Lemons (Nimbu)
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (Dalchini) powder
- 1/2 level teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida (roasted)
- 10 whole Cloves (Lavang)
- 3 tsp Coriander (Dhania) powder
- 3 tsp pepper powder
- 2-1/2 tsp Black Salt (Kala namak)
- 2-1/2 tsp Red chili pepper (Lal Mirchi)
- 1 tbsp dry Ginger (Adrak) powder
- 2 -4 big cardamoms (Elaichi Moti)
- 1 cup Lemon (Nimbu) juice
- 10 tsp Salt (Namak)
How to make Stuffed Lemon Pickle:
- Slit all the lemons into four pieces without separating them from the base or bottom.
- Make sure, you need to slit them in such a way that ground spices can be stuffed very well.
- Remove the seeds and set aside.
- Grind all the dry ingredients to a fine powder.
- Stuff the lemons with the ground spices.
- Heat a non-stick pan and arrange the stuffed lemons in it.
- Cook on a low flame till the juice boils.
- Cool the pickle for 15-20 minutes and then put it in an airtight jar.
- Keep in the sun for 4-6 days and shake it once daily.
- Serve after 12-15 days.