Mixed Vegetable Pickle is the spicy, tangy and crunchy pickle made with the fresh Indian vegetables. It is the best pickle to serve with dal-rice and paratha.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup carrot thinly chopped
- 1 cup french beans thinly chopped
- 1 cup bitter gourd chopped
- 1/2 beet root (peeled and chopped)
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 green chillies thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp mustard oil
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- Few curry leaves chopped
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tbsp mace
- 3-4 black peppercorns crushed
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Salt to taste
How to make Mixed Vegetable Pickle:
- Combine all the vegetables in a big bowl and add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Allow the seeds to crackle and add ginger-garlic and green chillies.
- Saute for few seconds and now mix the vegetables.
- Stir with the mace, peppercorns, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Leave on medium high heat at least for 8-10 minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Leave the mixture to cool completely and then fill in the air tight jar.
- You may serve it immediately with your meal.
- This pickle can be stored for 2 months, you just need to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- To enjoy the yummy flavor and the true aroma of this pickle, remove it out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.