Sweet Mixed Vegetable Pickle is a unique but very tasty combination of cauliflower, carrot, mango, french beans and turnips, simply mixed with spices and flavored with good amount of mustard oil.
Yield: 25 servings
- 2 cups chopped Cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped carrot
- 2-3 turnips (peeled and chopped in chunks)
- 1 cup french beans chopped
- 2 mangoes (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cup mustard oil (Sarson Ka Tel)
- 2 tsp glacial acetic acid
- 2 tbsp mustard powder
- 4 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tsp ground spices
- 2 tsp red chilli pwder
- 2 tsp ginger julienned
- 1 cup sugar
- Salt to taste
How to make Sweet Mixed Vegetable Pickle:
- Put all the veggies in warm water for about 15 minutes to tender them.
- Make the sugar syrup of (in half or less than that amount of water than the sugar) one to two-thread consistency.
- Heat little bit of mustard oil and fry ginger and garlic over medium flame until turns golden brown.
- Remove from the flame and add all the spices along with glacial acetic acid and prepared sugar syrup.
- Again keep on low flame and cook for 3-4 more minutes.
- At this moment, mix all the veggies and cook till the oil begins to separate.
- Cool for some time and then store in an air tight jar.
- Pour the remaining mustard oil over the pickle and cover with a tight lid.
- Keep the pickle at room temperature for one week until it gets ready.
- You can store this pickle for 6-8 months in refrigerator.