Slices of mangoes are flavored with spices, onion seeds and mustard oil. This is the best pickle to serve in summer season, when fresh mango are easily available in the market.
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 kg raw mangoes (remove stone and cut into long slices)
- 2 tbsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 cup mustard oil
- 1 tsp onion seeds (kalonji /nigella seeds)
- 2 tbsp aniseeds
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 3 teaspoons glacial acetic acid
- 1/2 cup Salt (Namak)
How to make Sliced Mango Pickle:
- Rub salt on mango slices and keep them aside in a big vessel for 6-7 hours.
- After sometime mangoes will become watery.
- Take out the mangoes from the mango water mix in glacial acetic acid.
- Mix all the ingredients with mango slices.
- Also pour the mango water mixed with acetic acid over it.
- Stir in mustard oil and pour in air tight jar.
- Shake the pickle once daily for 6-7 days.
- Your homemade sliced mango pickle will get ready to serve after one week.