Spicy Onion Pickle is made with button onion and whole Indian spices and flavored with vinegar. You can make this pickle less or more spicy as per your choice and preference. This pickle can be stored for 10-15 days.
Yield: 15 servings
- 1 Kg button Onions (Pyaj) / whole small onions easily available in market
- 15 Peppercorns
- 2 inch Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 1 cup white Vinegar (Sirka)
- 6 Cloves (Lavang)
- 12 green chillies (slit in middle)
- 1/2 tsp red papprika
- 1 tsp black mustard seeds
- 1/3 cup Salt (Namak)
How to make Spicy Onion Pickle:
- Peel the button onions and rub salt on them.
- Keep them covered for 24 hours.
- Drain the salty water from the onions and keep aside.
- Boil the vinegar with spices and mustard seeds.
- Cook the onions and green chillies in boiling mixture of vinegar for 4-5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and cool the pickle aside.
- Pour in an air tight jar and cork it very tightly.
- Keep the pickle at room temperature for 3-4 days till it gets ready.
- Serve with your daily meal.