Tinda Pickle is a healthy, homemade pickle, made with tinda (Indian round gourd / apple gourd or Indian Baby Pumpkin), mixed with some fresh Indian herbs and lots of mustard oil.
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 kg Tinda
- 2 cups mustard oil
- 3 tsp red chilli powder
- 2-1/2 tsp aniseed
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1-1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 4 tbsp salt
How to make Tinda Pickle:
- Peel and cut the round gourd in small pieces.
- Boil in good amount of water until tendered.
- Put the boiled tinda in sieve to drain the whole water.
- Heat a saucepan and add only 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Saute the seeds and fenugreek until light brown.
- Cool and grind coarsely.
- Mix ground ingredients, salt, turmeric and spices very well.
- Stir in boiled tinda and then pour the pickle in clean air tight jar.
- Add remaining mustard oil and shake the jar very well.
- Leave for 6-7 days and shake it once daily.
- You can serve this delicious pickle after 7-8 days.