Spicy Onion Pickle is made with small button onion, that are easily available in market. Whole and flavorful spices are tossed with onion and simply turned into delicious pickle recipe.
Yield: 20 servings
- 1 Kg button Onions (Pyaj) (small onions)
- 15 green chillies (slit from the middle)
- 10 whole black peppercorns
- 2 inch cinnamon (cut into bits)
- 2 cups vinegar
- 4-5 cloves
- 1/2 cup salt
How to make Spicy Onion Pickle:
- Peel the onions and rub some salt on them.
- Cover the onions and keep aside only for one day.
- On the next day, drain the water from the onions and boiled them until tenders.
- Drain the boiled onions and add vinegar and spices.
- Toss with green chillies and cook on medium high flame for about 5-6 minutes.
- Cool the pickle and put in an air tight jar, cork it tightly until the pickle sets..
- Keep at room temperature for 5-6 days.
- Your pickle will get ready with this time limit.